Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Little Teapot - Lesson 3 of Nursey Rhyme and Silly Songs



I'm a little teapot
Short and stout
Here is my handle
Here is my spout

When I get all steamed up
Hear me shout:
Tip me over
and pour me out!

Psalm 139:14 KJV

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.


In Luke 22:54-62 Peter denies his affiliation with Christ.  He does it three times, even after Jesus asked him specifcally that number of times if he (Peter) loved Him (Jesus).  This is a perfect example of someone beating themselves up.  It may not be because of his looks or anything like that, it was just who he was and who he was with.  Peter was afraid to be killed with Jesus - we all may have done the same in this situation. The teapot was happy about themselves - and the job that he has - Peter needs to be restored to be happy again.  This happens in Acts 2:14 when Peter has the boldness and stand up for God there. 













Doe Doe shows us what happens when we are not happy with who we are.. how we beat ourselves up.. and who can put us back together! Object Lesson for Lesson 3 of the Nursery Rhyme and Silly Songs Curriculum : The Little Teapot.

No comments:

Post a Comment